Friday, January 28

I Can't Think, I'm Travelling!

Posted by Shelly Holder

(off key) On the rooooad again! Something something music and my friends, so I can't wait to get on the road again! (don't be jealous of my fabulous voice. It's okay, I know you want it.)
I"M AT THE SDSU WRITERS CONFERENCE IN SAN DIEGO!!! WHOOOO!

There are a lot of interesing YA panels, which makes me happy. And I'm looking forward to the two keynote speakers, James Scott Bell and Robert Walter. I am NOT looking forward to the keynote speech times. Why 8:30 am? JUST WHY?!? *faceplant*

But I shall suffer gracefully. Because there is free hotel breakfast. Also, martyrs go down in history. Gotta make a name for myself. Or, say, live up to the title of this blog. You know. Either or.

So I will be back with my adventures (or misadventures) on Monday. Let's hope the coffee stays in my cup and the ink on the paper. I brought nice clothes for this weekend, and I wanna keep them that way.

On the other hand, I am literally across the road from a mall. I can see Macy's from my balconey. There may be something to be said in favor of certain kinds of carnage. =)

Write Now:
What I'm listening to: freeway noises. Never let it be said that CA was a public transit state.
What I want most: mmmm, there's also a Barnes and Nobles across the parking lot... heh. heh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is lots of fantastic stuff. I found lots of things which I am searching for.

Shelly Holder said...

Great! Conferences can be fabulous places for that offbeat tidbit that suddenly opens up your work in a new way. Hope you find more on this blog and elsewhere!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California, USA

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You, ~Ron

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to put a facebook icon to your site. I just bookmarked the article, although I had to make this manually. Just my 2 cents.