Wednesday, January 26

Fabulous Five Meme

Posted by Shelly Holder

haz no ideas for Mr. Bloggie. Instead I stole this from Reading In Color. And I am unapologetic, because I can (and I linked back so there).

Five Books Read Recently:
- The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer
- False Colors by Georgette Heyer
- Toil and Trouble by H.P. Mallory
- The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten
- To Kill a Warlock by H.P. Mallory

Five Books I'm Reading:
- Bone Dance: A Fantasy for Technophiles by Emma Bull
- The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole
- Hint Fiction Anthology edited by Robert Swartwood
- Edge by Thomas Blackthorne
- An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England by Brock Clarke

Five Favorite Books (not definitive)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Villette by Charlotte Bronte
- The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- Dragon Bones by Patricia Briggs

Five Least Favorite Books
-Sophie's Choice by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Passage to India by E.M. Forester

Five Notable Book-to-Film Adaptions
- Mansfield Park (hands down)
- A Little Princess
- Howl's Moving Castle
- The Princess Bride (HATED the book)
-Pride and Prejudice (all versions)

Write Now:
What I'm listening to: or rather, trying to ignore the news
What I want most: I think its dinner time? On nom nom FOOD!

4 comments:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Nice list of books and it's interesting how nom nom has become so "viral" with respect to the sound ppl make while eating.

Rachel said...

And I, likewise, have swiped this from you! ahaha.

Shelly Holder said...

Great! Hope you found at least one new title to pick up.

Shelly Holder said...

Rachel! You are free to steal from me anytime ahaha!