Monday, March 8

Maxxed Out

Posted by Shelly Holder

I have reached that enviable yet unwanted position of being maxxed out-- in more ways than one.

I have sent out ALL of my completed poetry. EVERYTHING is in submission. It's all gone, waiting, in the ethos for some editor to pronounce judgment on it's poor, terrified, paperless soul.

In addition, I only have one story left in reserve and one in the shop for repairs, so I have really have nothing else to send out in the meantime. Which means...

I HAVE TO CREATE.

Like I said, it's enviable but unwanted, because now if I want to advance my career, I have to beat the Muse into a docile manner, turn her into a factory worker, and just churn out the submissions.

We both know how the Muse likes that one. She's okay with dress-up, but long term gigs are not her thing. So she's in revolt, and I have to play unwilling taskmaster. So we're both knuckling down.

Anyways, I'm off to find writing prompts and specific contests. Even if I have no inspiration at the moment, doesn't mean I can't write.

Cheerio!

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: quiet. I like the quiet sometimes too.
What I want most: coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

0 comments: