Monday, August 31

Monday Morning/Mourning

Posted by Shelly Holder

Hello everyone!

It's been quite a while since my last post, and I'm sorry for the AWOL act I just pulled. I'll try to go back and fill in the blanks, but it's going to be sporadic.

Whew! So school has started again, that special blend of horror, excitement, nervousness, and sheer chaos. I finally have my schedule finalized, and I am so glad to get that stress behind me. There were a few days for which my sanity was feared. But that's another blog post.

Anyways, GOOD NEWS!! I got into my Life Writing class, which is so freaking awesome! We study memoirs and journals, from the perspective of those that others have written and from the perspective of writing out own. I am so stoked for this. Journal writing has always been a failure for me in the issue of consistency, but memoir writing has really struck a spark since completing this summer's Intro to Creative Writing class. My first class is today, and I am so excited to get in there, (*warning: nerd alert*) grab the syllabus, and get writing!

Well, that's about it on the creative writing front. I've been running around like a mad, headless chicken trying to take care of extracurriculars (I'm president of two clubs, ay me, what was I thinking?) and other various start of school activities. So I'm a little drained. But hopefully with the start of Life Writing, I can get back into the creative flow.

That's all, folks!

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: "Peggy Sue Got Married" by Buddy Holly
What I want: more time. But that's old news.

0 comments: