Sunday, May 3

Sigh, Finals Week and Possible Site Changes

Posted by Shelly Holder

Hello everyone. 

It's been awhile. I apologize. I have finally completed the last week of classes, and all my assignments are turned in. Big sigh of relief there. But this semester ain't over yet. I'm approaching the first week of the finals period. And conversely, even though there are no classes, I am so busy studying that it is likely that I won't have much time to plan and write blog posts. I know, I'm very sad as well. And I don't really know what to do. I would like to pretend that I'm very responsible and can manage my time in such a way that is conducive to writing, but... 

At least I can promise you that I will try. 

I personally don't like the idea of posts that are simply a few paragraphs that say I'm too tired to write, or just have chatty updates like I wrote such and such, and this article, with no real topic other than I have written something. However, it may just come to that. *cringe* I'm very sorry. I will try to think of interesting-- but brief-- though-provoking ideas that I can write about. 

I also am considering cutting down on my blog schedule during the school year. This semester overwhelmed me a little (ok, a lot) and I'm thinking about cutting down my posts to the week-days. Which is rather illogical, because the weekends is when I have the most time to write, but to come back from classes and take a  hour break to write a post before studying might be a good idea. I'm not sure. I haven't decided yet. I'll take the summer to see how it goes, and then decide before fall semester. Maybe I can run an experiment to see how the week-days thing goes in summer school. I also have a trip to Greece coming up in early August, and I'm not sure how my internet service is going to be over there. I may just take the 14 days off. Or keep a journal that I'll post in later. Something. Anyways, just a heads up on the summer plans. 

As for now, I'm just going to send you over to another one of my websites, Quote Me, to look at some of the really cool quotes that I come across in my studying. (Shameless plug! The other website is all about the books I read, so go see it too! Bibliophilia and Me.) 

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: "There's No Telling" by Molly Marlette 
What I want most: finals to be over. With all As. So I can go home and sleep for a week. 

0 comments: