Wednesday, May 19

It's the Benefit I Wasn't Expecting

Posted by Shelly Holder

Moving into my new apartment has really improved my writing. It's fascinating how the little things have helped me out. Like, having unobstructed wall space.

(It's an mass-plosion of plotting Post-its.)















And having my own desk. Technically, I've had one for my whole college career, but actually building my own desk--

(from this)














(to this)















-- has somehow made me really excited about plopping my rear-end down for hours of writing.

Of course, hours of writing turns into surfing the net, reading my many books in the to-get-to pile, and other neglected objects d' interest.

However, not tonight. Tonight I have paint fume headache, and am going happily off into TV land to rest my aching mind.

CSI here I come.

Write now:
What I'm listening: About to plug in to the dulcet tones of Gil Grissom
What I want most: this headache to go away. The Tylenol to kick in. And the peace to be restored. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you to have a writing space with such good energy.
I hope the headache goes away soon.

Doreen McGettigan said...

Yes good office space is great; I'm bored with mine and I am going to change it. I'm going to be brave and do something really colorful and creative since this is the first time in my life I have a whole room with a door to write in!