Monday, March 22

Secrets of a Young Author

Posted by Shelly Holder

I have a secret.

Well, not really a secret, since I'm sharing all here, but a secret in the sense that it's MINE. (I tend towards the possessive, obsessive, and territorial. I would have made an excellent werewolf. *snicker*)

Anyways, I have a blog. Well, another blog I mean. (No comments necessary.) But this one is completely private, not accessible, not readable, not search-able, not anything. It's mine. All mine.

I have public blogs, and I have a personal blog, but I realized that I need to fill another gap in my writing-the private blog. One, for all the writing that should never see the light of day, and one for all the uncharitable thoughts that should never see the light of day. A diary drives me nuts because I can't achieve symmetry in the format- I either write once a day, or nothing. But of course emotions can pounce two or three or four times in a single hour. What kind of titles am I supposed to use? Tuesday 3:14 pm, Tuesday 3:17 pm, Tuesday 5:36 pm, Tuesday 11:01 pm?

Spastic. I can't stand it!

A BLOG, however. A blog I can title by theme, and there's no worry about the division of pages per entry, per day, etc. I can also enter one liner complaints, irritations, news, updates, and my-cup-over-runneth moments without being subconscious. I can be completely free!!! in a way that somehow paper never let me be. (I know, funny words for a writer, but work with my idiosyncrasies.)

So! I can't invite you all to read either of my private blogs, and if you don't know me, you can't read my personal blog either, but I do encourage you all to adopt similar methods. Or whatever gets you writing.

What do you do to be FREE in your writing?

Right now:
What I'm listening to: Nuthin
What I want most: an electrical outlet! No battery!!

0 comments: