Tuesday, December 22

Writing Travels

Posted by Shelly Holder

Quite a while back ago, and the very primordial soup stage of this blog, I wrote on how writing is the ultimate job because it is limitless in topic. Now I'm writing on how writing is limitless because it can travel anywhere.

I don't have to be tied to a physical location to be a writer. I don't have to be at a specific place to fulfill the expectations that come with being a "writer." I am still a writer if I am at home, I am still a writer if I am in a coffee shop, and I am still a writer if I am halfway across the world in a small Romanian town. And I can write at any of those, or more, places. I can still blog, I can still create, I can still edit, and I can still dream up a plot. I am not tied down; I am not limited.

As a writer, I am never limited. As a writer, the only boundaries that I have are the ones that I have created for myself. I am the only person responsible for my writing, and in that way I know that I am unlimited.

I can only be a writer. There is no other career so perfectly created to suit my temperament. As I said in my older post: Writing IS the ultimate job, because it is all others, and none at all.

2 comments:

Debora.Silvia said...

Shelly, I think this is the type of mentality people must acquire in order to feel pleased with their jobs or careers. Personally, I feel the same way about my field of interest and it motivates me that much more to do the things I want to do.

By the way how is Romania? ...and why are you there? ...and how can I go? :]

lindaballoutalkingtoyou said...

Let the beauty we love be what we do.
Rumi 1250
You can't go too far wrong if you listen to your inner river.
Linda Ballou