Thursday, October 1

The Other Writer's Meat

Posted by Shelly Holder

So everyone has heard about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month.) But have you heard about the other one?

NaBloPoMo is National Blog Posting Month, where the challenge is to post every day from a month! It operates in a similar way to Nanowrimo, where the website is the basis of support. And guess what? Today starts both October and NaBloPoMo!

I've been poking around the site, and apparently there are also themes to each of the months, (October is Haunted, of course) but I don't really understand the concept in relation to blog posting quite yet. However, I'm going to try to participate this year, and I'm really excited! I also thought this would be a cool (and gentle) training exercise to get me in shape for next month's Nanowrimo, plus I get a shiny widget!


Visit NaBloPoMo

See? Shiny, shiny!

Anyways, I'm going to cheat a little- just a little- and continue my previous policing of posting only on the weekdays. I need my weekends to remain sacrosanct- I have too much homework for my piece of mind to voluntarily add on more responsibilites. So, sorry, no weekend posts!

(I would like to imagine groans from the readership at this point, but alas, I know the truth.)

So watch for all the upcoming blog posts, and I hope to see you over at NaBloPoMo!

Right Now:
What am I listening to: "Je suis jalouse" by Emily Loizeau
What I want most: more time!

0 comments: