Tuesday, July 14

Submitted!

Posted by Shelly Holder

Today I submitted my final portfolio for my creative writing class!!! I'm so happy to have that off and out of my mind, even though I have two assignments more to finish up and send in by email tomorrow. I'm staggeringly proud of what I've accomplished in five weeks- showing myself what I really can accomplish if I put my mind to it. So here's the final list:

23 poems, of various types
A creative non-fiction piece, 4 pages
Fiction piece, 16 pages (to be finished tomorrow)
One act play, 5 pages
another creative non-fiction (to be finished tomorrow, estimated 4 pages)

I would figure out the word count, but I'm too tired to do so today.

I also forced myself to do the 1000 words challenge. I'm so glad that I did, because now I can look back and say "Wow, I'm actually a prolific and productive writer." Of course, it was hard going, those 1000 words- I basically had to suspend all thought and allow myself to just have fun writing -- so that magical bracelet idea that will sound ridiculous in the morning is totally credible, and who cares if the hero is flat and 2-D? I used the perfect words to describe him, so I've got that much. And, I get to post the big shiny shiny badge today!

And really that's all that matters.

Right now:
What I'm listening to: Coldplay (I'm going to their concert on Saturday!!!)
What I want most: A break from writing. Yes I said it. I also deserve it.

1000words_200w

0 comments: