Monday, May 18

Ahhhhhh, Refreshing

Posted by Shelly Holder

So I think that weekend off was the best decision I've made in a while. I'm definitely making this a standard policy now. Sorry, but I really couldn't keep up with the daily posts. Even though it's now summer, I just need the weekend breaks. 


It really was a wonderful, stress-free, no responsibilities, no worries weekend. 

Now I just have to force myself to get back on the computer and write. Sigh. 

Vacation is definitely NOT my favorite time of the year. Oh, certainly, I love the break. I love sleeping in and staying up late, living in my pajamas and not just much in general. I love all that... for about a week. Maybe a week and a half if I get totally burnt-out and exhausted. But then I start going absolutely stir crazy. I really appreciate school because it gives me a structure to my days. I know I have to get up at this time, and I have a couple hours between these two times to squeeze in some writing, and I have to be in bed by this time. With summer, there's nothing I have to do, which means that there are no deadlines, which means I get absolutely nothing done. Absolutely nothing. I prefers to have some slight obligations just to give me purpose. I need purpose in my life. 

I am going to try really hard this week to force myself to sit down and write, but complacency is my arch-enemy at the moment, and I'm at the part in the story where doubt looms larger than hope. 

But then, I am an author. I can do whatever the hell I want with my stories. (*grin*)

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: Dido "Don't Believe in Love"
What I want most: Purpose. Yep, definitely, purpose. 






0 comments: