Thursday, February 26

Mental Personalities

Posted by Shelly Holder

Isn't it amazing that sometimes when your mind has 15 billion things going on, it actually can be more focused and more alert than if you have an entire day set aside for one project? Say you're a college student, with a test tomorrow, 2 midterms and 3 papers next week. You should be completely overwhelmed, stressed and frazzled beyond belief. But you're not because your mind somehow figured out a way to either compartmentalized the extraneous stuff or simply works just that much faster. Today I really have been on a roll about a few writing things- ideas, this blog, mood music, snippets, whatever. It's just been working and working away,and without me feeling guilty that I'm not focusing on my studying. It's like two parallel trains of thought, simultaneously running, and only every once in a while will the Muse knock on the door into Reason's study, politely mention a thought, then close the door again. 


Anyways, today is a little bit of housekeeping. I am frustrated with yesterday's post, not satisfied with how I expressed my ideas, so I will be periodically updating and revising it. (I figure out how to do that. And I'm a tiny bit tempted to go back and edit some of the older posts, not just for grammar, etc but ideas as well, but that's the Critic in me, teasing and tempting her way out of the hole I currently have her shoved into.) 

Also, I discovered a great new website for me to procrastinate with, and I thought I would share it with everyone. Check out the blog Fangs, Fur and Fey for all urban fantasy news. I haven't looked too long at it, but it seems great. I love finding new authors. Also, if anybody has similar website/communities for other genre, such as mystery, sci-fi, biography, leave a comment so we all can check them out!

And sorry about my website. Currently I am unable to edit it, and I'm unsure what needs to be done to rectify that. But Spring Break is coming up fast, so I'll have more time to do.... well, everything! =) 


Right Now:
What I'm listening to now: "Erase and Rewind" by The Cardigans
What I want most: Midterms to be over. With all A's. 
 

0 comments: