Monday, November 24

Headache...

Posted by Shelly Holder

Argh... I think I just hit a wall. Psychological, most likely, of course, but a wall nevertheless. I have seriously run out of topics to pursue, and my creative bug died unexpectedly today in the middle of some mental stretching. Quite sad. It was going so perfectly too. I've had a mental image of a young woman haunting me for a week or so, and I've been dying to get her drawn out on paper. A challenging task, when you realize that I've had no formal or informal training, and have sketched only a handful of times in my life. But today she finally convinced me, and I sat down to draw. I actually am very happy with the result- not exactly what I envisaged in my head, but definitely representational enough. I even paired her picture with a song that invokes the themes that went with my mental image. Very lucky. I have the themes for the entire book, already written out for inspiration! And then my play-list changed, and a new song came on, my mental image changed from a stationary pose to a one of mid-movement, and boom!- everything fled. My mental image gone, the inspiration from the song lack-luster, the drive to eke my creation out on paper disappeared... Maybe I'll take a bit of a break and do some stretches in the other direction. I have a couple of writing magazines that I haven't read yet, and sadly, I still haven't even started the research on my serial, much less actually start writing, so I think I'll dedicate tonight to the behind the scenes maintenance work. I have some contests coming up as well, and I have nothing written, and sadly nothing in storage available either, so that means starting from scratch, and I think I've been stressing about that. So I'll just take a step back, take a deep breath, and start again tomorrow.

In a magazine I read earlier today there was mention of this program, supposedly the Netflix of magazines. I think I'll check that out, maybe use it for tomorrow's post. Hopefully the funk I'm in will have disappeared before then.......

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: The news in on in the background, but all I'm hearing is the throb of my headache....
What I want most: Ooh. Tough one. Energy, I think. A re-boot and the download of an updated version of myself. lol

0 comments: