Saturday, March 22

Fan Fiction 2

Posted by Shelly Holder

I lied. I like fan fiction.

After my last post I decided to scout out the experiences of my friends with fan fiction, and on their recommendation, read a few. And I really enjoyed them. True, to a degree, I think I like the personalities of the characters in new situations, not the transference of the actual characters themselves ( what I mean is, I like the idea of two mortal enemies having to deal with their parent's remarriage to each other, not necessarily that it was specifically Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy that had to deal with this issue. If the author had written the exact same story with different names I still would have enjoyed it as much as I did with J.K. Rowling's characters)
But I think my dislike of fan finction in general has lessened, and I think I am more open to the idea of fan ficiton in my own life. Not writing it, probably, but reading it I think I would be ok with.

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: Nothing. Got a headache.
What I want most in the world: To get over this cold thing.

0 comments: