Tuesday, April 6

Random Whimsy

Posted by Shelly Holder

Realization #1: I am made for long term goals. I have one now. It is awesome. Someday in the next three years, you might hear about it. (*snicker*)

Realization #2: Fiction makes me happy. I finished 1000 words last night, and I feel accomplished! And excited.

Realization #3: I had a small epiphany. Some established writer whom I can't recall from a blog I can't name said that the most important thing for an upcoming writer is to finish something, and that will put you ahead of everyone else. I am going to finish something.

Realization #4: I was made to be the chatelaine of some estate, mainly because I have an obsession with High Tea and a disdain for Meaningful Employment (other than writing.) If I could lurk around in a parlor at a writing desk with ink-stained fingertips all day, I would. Because I also have a thing for fountain pens.

But I don't feel like talking about writing today. So for your amusement, a list of random whimsical things that I stole from another blog, which stole it from another blog, which modified (stole) it from another blog...

If I could be a month, I’d be September.

If I could be a day of the week, I’d be Saturday.
If I could be a time of day, I’d be 8 pm.


If I could be a planet, I’d be Earth.


If I could be a sea animal, I’d be an mermaid.


If I could be a direction, I’d be north.


If I could be a piece of furniture, I’d be a secretary desk.


If I could be a liquid, I’d be rain.


If I could be a gemstone, I’d be fire opal.


If I could be a tree, I’d be a weeping willow.


If I could be a tool, I’d be a typewriter.


If I could be a flower, I’d be a night blooming cerius . (all credit goes to J.B. whose photo is this is, and whose blog is where I first saw such a lovely flower, and fell in love with it. Many thanks and apologies!)

If I could be a kind of weather, I’d be grey clouds.


If I could be a musical instrument, I’d be a harpiscord.


If I could be a color, I’d be azure blue.


If I could be an emotion, I’d be accepting.


If I could be a fruit, I’d be a kiwi.


If I could be a sound, I’d be the wind in the leaves at my feet.


If I could be an element, I’d be water.


If I could be a car, I’d be a TC Scion (black with red spokes).
If I could be a taste, I’d be savoury (like a bite of pear and cheese on cracker).


If I could be an object, I’d be Victorian steamer trunk.


If I could be a pair of shoes, I’d be high-heeled boots.

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: "Rebel Prince" by Rufus Wainwright
What I want most: to move in to the new apartment now

4 comments:

J.B. said...

Hey you used my night blooming cerius photo. I love to be credited for it although I guess I can't demand that since I use it as my avatar picture.

Interesting that you would be rain and not some other form of water.

I like your 'voice' very much and your content which is why you are one of my favorite blogs.

Shelly Holder said...

OH NO! 0_0 I'm so sorry-- promise I meant to, but guess I got too tired to remember to add a link in. Will definitely fix that, and thanks for speaking up.

So glad you like the blog!

Shelly Holder said...

There! All fixed. Ah, I was so embarrassed! *blush*

J.B. said...

well now I am more than ever impressed with you.
Merci.