Monday, March 1

Courage

Posted by Shelly Holder

Last night, I wrote the letter that I want to receive as an author.

I finally took the time to express my very great thanks to an author that has profoundly influenced me. It was hard. Emotional. I had written the actual letter long ago but stuck in a drawer so I didn't have to deal with it. I didn't want to deal with it ever, really, but last night I was compelled. Or, rather, this morning at 2:00 am, because that's when all boogies and other impish promptings come out.

So I sent it. And I cried. I cried and I cried and I cried. I'm crying now. But... I sent it. And I'm proud that this is another little step to becoming stronger. Better. Healed, healthy, and whole.

I am. Because I sent it.

Right now:
What I'm listening to: "Damaged" by Danity Kane (oh, Freud, what you would say about me now...)
What I want most: to finish midterms

0 comments: