Wednesday, January 20

It's Cold Today Down Here...

Posted by Shelly Holder

Really, writing opportunities show up in the oddest places. Like the spam email that I was about to delete... and found a writing contest with nifty prizes. $150 giftcard to Starbucks anyone?

So I'm not giving up. I'm not going to let myself talk myself down. Not going to let thoughts of making a living out of writing keep me from writing. I can live as a full time writer. I can. It's probably going to be hell. It's probably going to be without comfort, without fame, and without recognition, especially at first. But I can do it. Even if the bulk of my paycheck comes in giftcard format, I can do it.

So I can make money as a writer, pigs can fly, and sometimes great gifts comes in spam email.

Right Now:
What I'm listening to: Moby "Pale Horses"
What I want most: this nail polish to dry so I can go to bed

2 comments:

Cherie Burbach said...

Your blog is totally addictive. Thank you for taking us into your writing mind.

So all the jealousy and stuff... I think it will pass. You'll cross off some of your writing goals and that green monster will find another place to live. It'll happen.

Shelly Holder said...

Wow! Never been called addictive before. Thanks for the extreme kudos.