Monday, December 28

Travel Not Necessary

Posted by Shelly Holder

There are just some people out there that I want to slap for being stupid, narrow-minded, shallow idiots. Therefore, somewhere in the world, someone is just itching to slap me. So can one actively pursue mind-broadening experiences? And how?

We always talk of travel as a life changing opportunity. Sometimes we add in community serevice, or reading, or those big ones like marriage and kids and baptism and moving. But can you find something daily to so to make your mind broader by topics, not events?

I speak mainly of course of the needs of a writer, that class of people that need to draw on a cast collections of various and random inspirations. And I need an accepting mind to acquire all that I can/ Not to say that a writer can't make judgements, but all reconnaissnace should be objective, even if the final report is partial.

So how does one achieve this? And is there any possibility for an answer?

Sometimes I regret that I can't write a better book because I don't have the wisedom and experience of age. So I try to actively pursue those qualities ahead of my time. But I don't really know what steps I should take, or that I succeed.

So I guess I'll just keep plogging, and blogging, my way to a final sort of approximation.

Over and out.

Right now:
Where I am located: in an apartment in Burlad, Romania
What I am listening to: "Change" by Puya

0 comments: